As a home business owner the first thing after setting up the business that you have to think of would be- What methods to you use for your home business marketing? Considering home business starts out as a small scale business with very less investment. So the whole idea is to make your home business as cost effective as possible.
Here are a few low cost, yet very effective home business marketing tips -
Get a website, you definitely need one:
I probably mention this in every article that I write on- Starting a business or growing it because it’s “that important”, yes it simply is. You probably don’t need a physical location (separate office location) for your business but you definitely need a website.
- Because it creates a convenient platform for your customers to get in touch with you.
- It creates an authenticity about your business and builds customers trust.
- What would your potential customers know about you or your business without having something to refer to? So where would you showcase your products or service or things that you have to offer? “On your website”.
- By having a website you can also have a blog section in it where you can provide tips or information about your business, updates and future product releases. You can also provide some helpful insights which will make your customers return to you because they not only think of you as just a business but also as an helpful entity.
- By having a website you can even make use of email marketing to gain new and repeat customers. Even for an offline business email marketing is a very important tool.
Set up business Profiles in Social Networking sites:
After your business is up & running and you have a website, the very next step in your home business marketing would be, no should be “To create business profiles in social networking sites”.
Because, by creating a business profile from the beginning, you give yourself an opportunity to market your business on these platforms from the very first customer that you get.
- A “Like” from a customer can reach many prospects. Like wise a “Retweet” or a “Plus one” can reach new prospects who might end up becoming your customers.
- You can also provide product/service demonstration or even an eye catching video about your business on YouTube. We all know what YouTube virality can do.
*Do’s and Don’t on Social Networking Platforms
1) Don’t just brag about your business.
2) Provide as much valuable information as possible.
3) Request for customers feed back as that is one of the best ways to grow your business. By asking your customers feed back and suggestions you make your customers feel that you value their feedback and you really care for them.
Talk To People:
Starting up a conversation is a great way to gain customers for your relatively unknown business.
- Talk to people who you meet, it might be someone that you meet sitting next to you while traveling.
- So instead of getting engrossed in your own world try and strike up a conversation. You never know that person might be your next customer or might refer some customers.
- This also goes to people that you meet at a family gathering, your neighbors, friends and their friends.
Start of by providing Affiliate programs:
One of the best ways for small businesses to reach more people and grow business in a cost effective manner online is to have affiliate programs. This could really be the most effective small business or a home business marketing strategy.
- By having affiliate program you allow publishers (bloggers) to showcase your products to their readers.
- This way you will reach more people than you could have reached all by yourself. Or at least would have taken a long time to reach.
- Affiliate program is better than Pay Per Click or Impression ads as you do not pay anything to the publisher without getting a sale. So you let your publishers to market the products to gain commission.
As a home business you cannot ignore the effects of local marketing.
- No matter how small your business is you have to have it listed under google local search.
- So that when people search for a service or a product in your locality they should find you first.
- The age old methods of flyers and brochures still have their effects in gaining new customers. So make sure that your flyers and brochures contain the necessary information about your business.
These are the cheapest, simplest, yet most effective homes business marketing strategies to help grow your business. You got any suggestion, then do comment.
Also, if these points were helpful don’t forget to share it….