Networking is a very essential business marketing strategy which is required for any business and especially for small businesses trying to make a name and gain recognition. It’s all about being on the hunt for new prospects and to grow your business. But implementing this strategy would also mean that you will have to dedicate a lot of your time and effort. However, if you carry out your network marketing in the right manner it could benefit your business by gaining new prospects and the ones who actually become your clients or customers.
When you are using network marketing for your small business it involves people from various fields and parts of your life. People that you meet at networking events or it might be people that you get acquainted with, at some place. But no matter who it is, there are certain etiquette’s that you have to follow to gain customers or leads.
Here are a few network marketing tips that would help you to gain new prospects to grow your business.
Use your business cards wisely:
- Stop giving out your business cards like flyers because they are not.
- Do not give your business cards to anyone and everyone that you meet, especially when you are at a networking event.
- You would probably look like a small boy trying to give out all the flyers as soon as possible so that he can go and collect his money.
- So choose wisely and hand out your business cards to your connections only, which actually brings us to our second point.
- Don’t go out looking for clients, rather look to build connections.
- People who you connect with might not be your prospects, their business or requirements might be completely different but it doesn’t mean that you should ignore them.
- Having an opportunity you should connect with them as well. They might be capable of referring you to potential prospects and send business your way.
- Its not about how many people you met or spoke to, its about how many good connections you made.
Know more about your connections:
- Now, once you have made some connections don’t get into the “selling mode” right away in the very first meeting. Unless if you see, a really good opportunity to gain an instant deal.
- Even though most of the network marketing tips would say that you have to try and sell at every opportunity, it really does not work that way.
- You should not sound like you are making a connection just for the sake of business, even though that is exactly what it is.
- Try and know your connection well, for that you have to be a good listener.
- Build rapport with your connection and you might build a long term business relationship.
- Don’t forget to follow up with any potential prospects that you acquired through your connections. That is exactly why you made them your connection in the first place.
- It might be through a phone call or by email. Don’t try to sell them something like a sales executive would do. Simply put, don’t “hard sell”.
- Don’t make too many offers.
- Even while sending them an email don’t make it look like an email where you are trying to pitch them to buying something. It should be an email where you provide necessary information.
- Rather your email or phone conservation should all about what best you can do to fill in their requirements or help them with their needs.